When it comes to landing that dream job, you may think you can get by with an impressive resume and a winning smile, but these days it takes so much more. If you truly want to impress your new potential boss, you are going to need the following.
What You Need to Obtain Your Dream Job
Leather Dress Belt
- How it Helps- A luxurious leather dress belt not only helps you avoid the sloppy look of suit trousers that hang too low, it also adds class and refinement to your style.
- How to Wear it- When choosing a leather dress belt, you can either choose a black or brown style, depending on your men’s suits and your shoes. If in doubt, purchase both and try them on before the interview to see which one looks better. The belt should be snug and gently grab hold of your pants and pull them in without creating bulges.
- How it Helps- Wearing a silk tie lets your interviewer know immediately you are a person that doesn’t overlook any details; you are professional and thorough in both your appearance and life.
- How to Wear it- Before your interview draws near, take the time to learn how to knot your tie correctly, especially if you aren’t used to wearing one. If you can’t get a close friend or family member to help, look online for video tutorials. That way, when the time comes for your interview, you are calm, collected, and stylish. Avoid loud patterns and colours for job interviews, as these could have a negative psychological impact on your interviewer and future employer.
- How it Helps- With the smart phones, tablets, and tiny computers available on today’s market, there is little need for an actual watch anymore. However, wearing one can be very beneficial. It can show your employer you are dependable, a trait you want to display.
- How to Wear it- You aren’t going to the prom, so leave the bling at home. Instead, go for a conservative, yet timeless piece with a black leather strap and elegant face.
White Dress Shirt
- How it Helps- A crisp, white button cuff formal shirt is a piece of men’s clothing that is necessary for any interview. It shows you are serious about your work and you mean business, but it also gives others a natural and at ease feeling. In other words, they won’t feel as if you are desperately trying to impress them.
- How to Wear it- The type of white dress shirt you choose will depend on your body type. If you physique is toned, consider one made from linen or cotton with just a little stretch. If you are bulkier, a formal shirt that allows a bit of room without being too loose is best. No matter what, however, always be sure to tuck your shirt into your suit trousers.
- How it Helps- A gray suit offers you an air of distinction and class, without coming on too strong.
- How to Wear it- Whether the company you are trying to work has a strict dress code or not, you should always choose to wear a suit to show you have the ability, value, and competence to be a necessary part of their team. Make sure the suit from Brook Taverner you choose has the correct fit for your body and pair with some nice dress shoes, a crisp, white button cuff shirt, and a black leather belt.
With these tips, you can create an ensemble your potential employer won’t soon forget and land that job you have always wanted.