If you want to stand out, whether the occasion is casual or formal, you need a tie. Ties are the most well known and used of men’s accessories, and there’s a reason for it. They add style and colour to your attire other accessories can’t.
One of the most common colours you will probably choose when picking out your first tie is red. It can make you feel confident and powerful, while giving the same impression to others around you when it is worn correctly. However, it is one of the harder colours to work with, especially when you are just learning how to add colour to your wardrobe.
That said, it isn’t impossible, and once you learn a few basic colour matching rules, you will have no trouble at all sporting your fantastic and vibrant red tie with your men’s suit from www.brooktaverner.co.uk. Today, we are going to give you a few pointers on how to match your solid red ties with your wardrobe for the best look.
Matching Your Red Ties
- White Shirts- A white button cuff dress shirt is a timeless article of clothing that is present in almost every man’s closet, and it works very well with a solid red tie. The white and red create a stunning combination that helps you stand out, but is still conservative enough that it isn’t going to stand out too much. This combo is perfect for wearing under suits for men when you need to make a good impression in the office.
- Red V-Neck- Want to make a lasting impression and really stand out? Try sporting the tie under a red v-neck sweater. This eye-popping combination will grab the attention of anyone passing by you and is perfect for those casual occasions when you want to stand out from the crowd, like when you are at the club or out on the town. Make sure to pair it with a white button cuff dress shirt for the best look.
- Gray Shirt- If a white dress shirt just won’t work for you, or you want something more advanced to wear, consider a gray button cuff dress shirt. Gray and red create an excellent contrast that will be sure to spice up your wardrobe nicely. Make sure to choose a light gray shirt, however, as dark gray doesn’t work as well.
- Blue- Red and blue are both primary colours and work very well together. If you are having trouble matching your red tie, consider using colours from the blue family. A navy suit or light blue dress shirt can be the perfect options.
- Chequered Shirts- A solid red tie looks fantastic with a chequered shirt, as long as the chequered pattern is the correct colour. White shirts with blue or gray cheques are best, because they match red perfectly. However, other colours and combinations can also be used as long as they match the red in the tie.
Trying to match your red tie to one of the garments in your closet? Red can be difficult to match, but it isn’t impossible. Use these helpful suggestions and a little imagination to create the perfect look.